Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Comcast

 When dealing with Comcast it's like Joe Pesci dealing with the drive-thru in "Lethal Weapon 2."
 That's right, they f*** you at the drive-thru and it feels like Comcast does as well.
 Years ago in Maryland I used to receive a cable guide from Comcast, which I assumed was free since I never asked for it, but as soon as I found out it wasn't free I made them stop delivering it.
 Fast-forward to this year and I've learned nothing. When we got our cable/internet, we got high-speed internet. I thought that this was the industry standard, but sadly, that is not the case.
 Melanie's co-worker knows someone who works at a rival cable company and she happened to mention that there are different levels of internet speed. So now, instead of having high-speed, we have what Comcast calls economy and for $55 less a month no difference in service, according to the customer representative.
 The rival cable company isn't set up in our area and I don't want to commit to two years of satellite, so I guess we're staying with the drive-thru.

No comments: