Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Making Impressions

Y’all ever have one of those days?

I certainly intended to do more than I did today, which by the end of Thursday Night Football I will have spent close to 12 hours in my recliner.

If only I had a new baseball glove I could have put under my butt, I would’ve had it broken in by now.

There are probably a few factors at play for what I’ll generously call a low-energy day. I don’t sleep well, usually waking between 1-3 a.m., taking a few hours to drop back off. Aging hasn’t helped as nighttime bathroom breaks are a more regular occurrence these days.

I might have been coming down off a high from a two-hour orientation at Kohl’s on Tuesday. I jump a little more into it on Monday with a six-hour shift to unload trucks.

Or it could have been from the two-mile run I got in on Wednesday. My body doesn’t rebound anywhere near as quickly as it used to, especially after not having officially exercised for a week or so.

Now, I didn’t watch TV all day---I napped for a decent period of time as well. I think Melanie only asked once if I had moved yet. To be fair, I did get a few of my domestic goddess duties done; the trash was taken out; the dishwasher was emptied; and to clean out the refrigerator I devoured a bunch of leftovers.

Melanie got off work and picked up the kids, so when they got home I was able to spend some good time with them. Connor wanted me to make him a Nile crocodile, so that was one tangible thing I accomplished.

I don’t have any big plans for Friday, maybe I’ll work on my drawing.

No comments: