Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

25-pound challenge

 I guess you can call it a challenge if you're challenging yourself, can't you. As of tonight I'm just about 15 pounds heavier (208.5) than I was when we arrived in Georgia from Okinawa in January.
 I'm giving myself three months to drop the 25 pounds. Food is the biggest issue as I will eat pretty much anything and without a job its very easy to snack early and often while at the house. Lately my portion sizes have been out of control. After the Baltimore Marathon I really over-ate, but I blame T.J. Elliots in Bowie for having such awesome pizza.
 I don't really do candy, so Halloween won't be bad but I know Thanksgiving and Christmas will present food temptations. Having a good support system is important and Melanie will help me with food. She's been doing Weight Watchers for two and a half months and dropped just over 20 pounds. And that's with a nine-day vacation to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon thrown in.
 Dropping weight initially may be hard as I'll be hitting the weight roon as well to try to regain some muscle tone I lost since the move, but I feel confident about my chances as long as I eat healthy.
 Also helping is that my personal trainer certification is about to run out in a month, so I've recently taken some DVD classes and picked up a bunch of new exercises to try in the gym.
  

No comments: