Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Around the CSRA

 Here are some of the events Melanie and I have been to in Augusta and surrounding areas in the last month or so.
 Close to Grovetown is Harlem, GA, home of Oliver Hardy and of the Laurel and Hardy Museum. They had their annual Laurel and Hardy Festival recently. In addition to showing the duo's shorts at the museum, streets surrounding the museum were blocked off and there were innumerable food booths as well as Laurel and Hardy look-alikes




  Next up was the Georgia-Carolina State Fair. They had a bunch of rides, but as I've grown older I've become averse to spinning rides. Maybe I should say I can't stomach them anymore.There were plenty of other things, however,  including a livestock show and a (very) small circus. Like a carnival there were plenty of game booths and in circus fashion they had side-show attractions. We avoided some of the more bizarre ones, but actually shelled out money to see "The World's Smallest Horse." The money to get into the fair was going to charity, so I'm hoping the money we dished out for that sham went to a good cause as well. 

No comments: