Pages

Saturday, October 01, 2011

"Dream House"

 I wasn't excited about the movie going in, but I will say I came out with a much different attitude and I give it $4 out of $5.
 It looks like a horror movie in all the previews, but it is really more of a psychological thriller. I have to choose my words carefully as I don't want to give things away, especially as surprise is what this movie does best.
 Well, women may beg to differ as Daniel Craig plays the lead role as Will Atenton. Despite being set in the winter in Connecticut, Craig, who burst onto the scene as James Bond, has the opportunity to be shirtless at least three separate times.
 As the movie starts, Atenton is quitting his job as an editor to become a novelist, moving out of the city with his wife Libby (Rachel Weisz) and two daughters.
 I wouldn't say the movie is slow, but rather that the filmmakers take their time-about 40 minutes-building the story, and it's a good one. After the first 40 minutes, the movie takes off.
 Naomi Watts plays an intricate role as next door neighboor Ann Patterson and provides the eye-candy quotient for the male population.
 I don't think I would see it a second time at the theater, but I'm glad it was Melanie's pick as I would never has chosen it myself.

No comments: